• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Warrant for Son's arrest

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tzeman

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Oklahoma

My 25 yr. old son got out of prison last week after serving 4 years. Today, I found out online that he has 2 warrants for his arrest from 2006. They are for failure to appear in court and non-payment of $1,000 court costs from 2006. He wasn't able to go to court, or pay the fines because he was already incarcerated.

I called the Court Clerk's office, to see if he could set up a payment plan on this $1,000 and they said NO, it had to be paid in full. They said if he couldn't pay it in full, he should turn himself in, hire a lawyer and go through the process. He, nor I have enough money to hire a lawyer.

Can someone help me with this issue?

Thanks so much,

Tammy

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney

My 25 yr. old son got out of prison last week after serving 4 years. Today, I found out online that he has 2 warrants for his arrest from 2006. They are for failure to appear in court and non-payment of $1,000 court costs from 2006. He wasn't able to go to court, or pay the fines because he was already incarcerated.

I called the Court Clerk's office, to see if he could set up a payment plan on this $1,000 and they said NO, it had to be paid in full. They said if he couldn't pay it in full, he should turn himself in, hire a lawyer and go through the process. He, nor I have enough money to hire a lawyer.

Thanks so much,

Tammy
Help how? You were given your options already.

The 3rd (unspoken) option would be to save up the money and pay it in full when you have it all. Of course, your son might be arrested while you're trying to save up.

Antigone*

Thanks so much,

Tammy
Sorry but I don't have the $1000 to contribute to your son's delinquent fund. Have him turn himself in. It isn't nothing new to the guy...he just did 4years, what's another couple of days.

tzeman

As I read other threads, I see it's almost impossible NOT to get a smart ass answer in this forum. I wasn't asking for donations, or smart-ass comments.

Thanks for nothing.

cyjeff

There isn't always an option other than the ones you have been given.

Sometimes, yes. In this case, no.

Zigner

As I read other threads, I see it's almost impossible NOT to get a smart ass answer in this forum. I wasn't asking for donations, or smart-ass comments.

Thanks for nothing.
In YOUR thread, you haven't received a smart-ass answer :rolleyes:

tzeman

Cyjeff, another question please.

He'll have to get a court-appointed attorney. Do you have any idea how long this process will take? How long he'll have to be in jail again? Will they set up a payment plan from there?

Zigner

Cyjeff, another question please.

He'll have to get a court-appointed attorney. Do you have any idea how long this process will take? How long he'll have to be in jail again? Will they set up a payment plan from there?
Have him ask his attorney.

tzeman

Zigner, I wasn't even asking you. I specifically asked my question to Cyjeff, so why don't you just butt out.

Thanks again Cyjeff.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">