• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

what is needed to obtain a warrant?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

DONJUAN23

No need to lie...
i distribute MJ to several people in my neighborhood and have recently had an increase of police drive buy's and my manager tipped me off that the sherriff has been calling and asking about the residents in my APT...regarding drug dealers

This happened about 3 weeks ago
I do have a legitimate Job, so i have since stopped and dont plan on starting up anymore, but i am a legitimate MMJ user due to a serious soccer injury, and do keep a decent amount of Marijuana in the place.

My Q is what do they need to get either a search or arrest warrant for me?
is excessive traffic in & out and suspicion enough?
or do they need a snitch?
pictures of hand-to-hand exchanges?

before anyone finds it necessary to call me an idiot or something of the sort.
I ALREADY KNOW THIS!
i just want some advice

Antigone*

No need to lie...
i distribute MJ to several people in my neighborhood and have recently had an increase of police drive buy's and my manager tipped me off that the sherriff has been calling and asking about the residents in my APT...regarding drug dealers

This happened about 3 weeks ago
I do have a legitimate Job, so i have since stopped and dont plan on starting up anymore, but i am a legitimate MMJ user due to a serious soccer injury, and do keep a decent amount of Marijuana in the place.

before anyone finds it necessary to call me an idiot or something of the sort.
I ALREADY KNOW THIS!
i just want some advice

I guess the constant use of MJ has something to do with your inability to answer a simple question prior to posting your predicament.

CdwJava

The standard for either is "probable cause". They would have to show to a judge that their is good reason to believe that a search will find evidence of marijuana cultivation or sales, or, that they have probable cause to arrest you for cultivation or distribution.

All of those can contribute to the probable cause. Each of these things alone is not going to be compelling proof.

If you have a medical marijuana need, you might consider seeking a DHS card from your county health services ... unless, of course, you don't feel the county will back your medical claim. The DHS card is the only way to avoid police action for your personal possession.

- Carl

cyjeff

It is probably also worth stating that, of course, a conviction for dealing with mean that your MMJ opportunity will be closed.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">