• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fired for wistle blowing ??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

coralfarmin

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NC

I think I was fired for reporting harrasment,and blowing the wistle on a manager/harraser about in my opinion a enviromental issue he instructed myself and others to do a few years back. I have filled out the form and sent to a lawyer to see if I have a case.

I got 1 month sevrance,and fired the same day I reported it......the exact reason I did not report it to start with...but the harrasment was just to much for me to handle,so I spilled my gutts to his superior at 10:00 am and was dismissed at 5:00pm for good...after 13 years of service

What else can I do ? IMO this was a serious enviromental issue /disposal,though they blowed it off since it was 3 years ago,said I provocted the harrasment, and that was it. Though I feel I did nothing wrong.

any advice ??

ecmst12

You reported the illegal dealings years ago, and were fired for something totally different. No case there.

Now, unless the harassment was due to your race, gender, or other protected characteristic, it was NOT illegal and therefore you would have no legal protection for complaining about it.

coralfarmin

I reported the possible illegal dealings yesterday and layed of with severance the same day I reported it..since I was afraid of being fired if I was insabordinate, I did not report it at the time, in my opinion they were operating coruptly...and I have 2 small children and need my job.

I have been reporting the harrasment recent, and brought that up as a reason I do'nt trust him...

Last edited:

coralfarmin

part of the harrasment was also him trying to pry into my medical issues in my opinion, making me get a note from my doctor last week saying I am unrestricted,other harrasment is blatent disrespect in front of co-workers,which was humiliating.

ecmst12

Requiring a doctor's note to return to work after a period of illness or injury is normal and considered good practice for an employer. It protects both parties.

The other stuff is not illegal and you would have no protection for complaining about it.

coralfarmin

I had not been out of work for ANY reason, to require such a note.

I can not tell the details at this point, but I have comfrimed that they were in the wrong.

This was a case of internal wistleblowing, so in this state......oh well, at this point it do'nt matter anymore, I actually feel better now that I am not under their thumb. I will be fine, far as financials go anyway.

I realized, with all the greed driven corruption that is cripiling the economy, I should not be at all suprised at this :)

coralfarmin

I had not been out of work for ANY reason, to require such a note.

I can not tell the details at this point, but I have comfrimed that they were in the wrong.

This was a case of internal wistleblowing, so in this state......oh well, at this point it do'nt matter anymore, I actually feel better now that I am not under their thumb. I will be fine, far as financials go anyway.

I realized, with all the greed driven corruption that is cripiling the economy, I should not be at all suprised at this :)

oh...my reply to the doctors note thing was...what was wrong with the last one..since I was already required to bring back a note at each visit to get paid/excused if I had any missed time since I was allowed 5 four hour doctors vists excused with pay and 5 full days for sick time per year "earned" after just 5 years of service. In 13 years I never lost even 1 attendance point and had "0" unexcused absences

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">