• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

workers comp for corporate officers

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

Lisaabw

My husband and his brother formed an S corporation with his brother as president and my husband as vice-president. They are both employees of the corporation. My husband in a much more hazardous area than his brother.My husband was recently injured on the job and found out that his brother had waived the workers comp insurance for the officers of the corporation without his consent. Doesn't he have rights to workers comp as an employee of the corporation? Was it legal for his brother to waive his rights to workers comp without his consent? We live in California. The medical bills are piling up so any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">