• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Judgment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

msannjr

wisconsin
i lost a small claims case for a summer sublet contract, and now i received an order for financial disclosure. this form must be completed or i must pay the entire judgment amount by march 15. i do not want this person to have my social security number or my banking information because she is a very malicious person, but i do not have all the money nor will i have it all by the 15th. is there anyway to avoid disclosing my personal info and pay the money later w/o being penalized?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

msannjr said:
wisconsin
i lost a small claims case for a summer sublet contract, and now i received an order for financial disclosure. this form must be completed or i must pay the entire judgment amount by march 15. i do not want this person to have my social security number or my banking information because she is a very malicious person, but i do not have all the money nor will i have it all by the 15th. is there anyway to avoid disclosing my personal info and pay the money later w/o being penalized?
My response:

No.

If you fail to give the information, you'll be Summoned into court for a "Debtor's Hearing" to require you to disgourge the same information in "open court", on the record, and in front of a Judge, and anyone else who may be in the "peanut gallery" seats.

Read the warnings on the Notice. You'll also be required to pay a fine to the court, and to pay for the costs of the Debtor's Hearing.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">