• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unemployment Questions

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Plaxius

I worked for Walmart for 4 years, and lost my job in September. I tried applying for Unemployment, but was denied since I had been terminated for Misconduct. I didn't appeal until about a month ago since I thought I had no means of appeal. I haven't heard anything from the UE agency yet. I have looked for a job in several places, but to no avail. My cousin says that the wording of my termination papers is what's causing my problems. I have a couple of questions:

1. Is there a way to fight this at this point? If so, how do go about it?

2. Is the fact that I was terminated "but rehirable" hurting my chances of becoming employed again? Is my cousin right?

Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated since I am at the end of my rope.

If you need to know, I am residing in Florida. This state is the one the questions concern.

Last edited:

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
1.) What is it you want to fight? If you're talking about your unemployment claim, you need to wait for them to make a decision before you can fight that decision (if you want to). If you're talking about something other than unemployment, you need to clarify.

2.) We don't know if your cousin is right; you haven't given us remotely enough information to judge.

Plaxius

My cousin said that my termination from Walmart with me being rehirable was equivalent to pushing me off on someone else. I want my record cleared so that I can become rehirable. This was the first time I was ever terminated (besides being let off from Seasonal jobs). Is there a way to fight that decsion?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
There is nothing in the law dictating who is and who is not rehireable. That is 100% your employer's decision.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">