• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

arrest warrant not in public record

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ripcobalt

I am in Missouri. some months ago my adult child told me she would be wanted by police in a drug matter. The members of a multi-jurisdictional task force did show up at my house (where the wanted person has not lived for 2 or more years) and asked if she was home. They could not tell me the charge they wanted her on. There does not appear to be a publically available warrant in the Camden county missouri court records (where the charge should have originated from). I have since heard from the kid, who had a close call on an out of state arrest for an unknown charge from missouri.
How does one find out what this charge is for? I would never advise her to turn herself in without knowing in advance what the penalty was likely to be. Can a local attorney represent her with her absent and get some advice for us on how to proceed? If you are an attorney who wishes to advise us on this problem and do a first consult free, let me know.

Antigone*

I am in Missouri. some months ago my adult child told me she would be wanted by police in a drug matter. The members of a multi-jurisdictional task force did show up at my house (where the wanted person has not lived for 2 or more years) and asked if she was home. They could not tell me the charge they wanted her on. There does not appear to be a publically available warrant in the Camden county missouri court records (where the charge should have originated from). I have since heard from the kid, who had a close call on an out of state arrest for an unknown charge from missouri.
How does one find out what this charge is for? I would never advise her to turn herself in without knowing in advance what the penalty was likely to be. Can a local attorney represent her with her absent and get some advice for us on how to proceed? If you are an attorney who wishes to advise us on this problem and do a first consult free, let me know.
This is not the place for you to solicit. If you have a question, someone will glady answer.

If you are looking for an attorney click on the blue link that is at the bottom of the chat box.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">