• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

eligible for unemployment in missouri

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rjohnson

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MO

What basically happened was my position was divided into 3 parts and given to three people. The company then offered me a different position that required taking a pay cut and would amount to working more hours. Salary so hours dont mean more pay.
I decided to not accept new spot and walk away.
Am I eligible for unemployment?

rhondalewis

most likely no.

honey, sounds to me like you quit. That is maybe what the company wanted to do, but you didn't help yourself. If they fire you, unemployment here you come. If you quit or turn down a position, better luck next time.
Is it too late to call them back and take the other spot?
No offense, but doesn't sound like you thought this one through.

rjohnson

For your information, I did think it through. I didn't put everything I've had at that place to be divided into equal parts and tossed around.

Beth3

Am I eligible for unemployment? That depends on how different the job duties and hours were and how much the pay cut was. All you can do is apply for UC benefits and see what the State decides.

rhondalewis

Maybe posting your business in here wasn't such a great idea if you aren't open to reality. That's what it seems to boil down to. I dont know what your significant other, if you have one, does for a living; but I know my husbands paycheck won't cut it if one day I decided to just walk away from my job.
I hope you don't have kids. This isn't the type of decisions you want to pass on to our youths. When life gets rough, quit.
Honey, you've got to roll with the punches. They get rid of your job. OK. They offer you a new one. Great. Take it. You're going to need money to eat while you look for a new job. And unemployment isn't going to do it.
REAL PEOPLE who REALLY lost their jobs need it. The money isn't out there for stupid people with ridiculous senses of pride.

rjohnson

I apologize for getting snippy, Mrs Lewis. Just going through rough time.
The pay cut was around 2 dollars an hour and the job was in a completely different department.
I was in accounts/receivables....new job was going to be in shipping department. Whole new system to learn.

pattytx

Too bad you didn't realize that learning a new job, letting the company train you, and getting more and varied experience was to your advantage. :rolleyes:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">