• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Compensation after being fired

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Naturally65

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? North Carolina.

I have also posted the following on the patent Forum as it relates to both...

Last September I was fired from an Engineering position from the company I was employed at for 5 years. In February of that year the Vice Pressident of North American Operations started a new "Patent Incentive Program" to stimulate new ideas in the company. The total incentive amounts to $7,000 per Patent. + a potential of $50,000 for any patent that "increases the company worth significantly after 3 years".
From February to September I came up with 23 Patentable ideas, many of which were succesfully prototyped. I have been contacted by my former employer to sign documents for the submittal applications for these patents.
One of these patents will increase the efficency of their appliance by over 30%. This patent alone will be worth over $130,000,000 to this company just by the government rebates alone!
So far I have received none of the incentive money from this company.
What do I need to do to receive compensation for these patents?

Also I was fired because I "Lacked Focus" and was "Too Innovative". -These were statements made to me when I was temporarily demoted for four days by my manager. He was a terrible manager and had no idea what I was working on. After I was demoted he asked my direct supervisor to come up with any reasons he could to fire me. My supervisor had none. I was then fired after I submitted a status report on all my projects to my manager, none of which were behind schedule.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Beth3

What do I need to do to receive compensation for these patents? I suggest you see an attorney. You need expert legal advice that can't be provided on a forum such as this.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">