• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Promised Sign-On Bonus

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

martyb

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? SC - Darlington County
I was hired as an exceptional education teacher mid year last year. I was promised a signing bonus and given 1/2 last year. I was verbally told I would get the other half this year. Now they do not wish to give me this other half due to my teaching credential. Yet, I am still teaching the same class.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? SC - Darlington County
I was hired as an exceptional education teacher mid year last year. I was promised a signing bonus and given 1/2 last year. I was verbally told I would get the other half this year. Now they do not wish to give me this other half due to my teaching credential. Yet, I am still teaching the same class.
Ahhh...

Well keep us up to date. I'm sure you'll be back posting when you get your credential and the other half of the money!

pattytx

I'm going out on a limb here and guessing that the agreement for the sign-on bonus did not include that requirement.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">