• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Blackballed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Nelasmith

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Colorado

I have recently been terminated due to "not meeting my individual hourly sales goals". I know that company sales are down nationwide, and not all employees at all ( 90+) locations in my situation (not meeting hourly monetary sales goals) are being let go. (and other employees at my location not meeting their goal are not given written notice/termination warning as I am) I experienced a decrease in hours scheduled immediately after I reported (to her boss/the district manager)verbal abuse and age related dicriminatory remarks against me made by my assistant manager. A decrease in hours means less opportunity to gain new clients (literally, as it is inside sales) and less contact to follow up with/take care of/ put orders through for existing clients. So basically the management have literally taken away my opportunity to sell and are expecting the same sales number results as when I was working more hours. Did I mention that the assistant manager makes the schedule? They are not holding associates to the same standard and enforcing requirements across the board. Isn't this wrong? (Also, some sales I have worked on have NOT been credited to my totals, management is aware and has chosen to not change this fact.)

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
If you feel that your termination is in retaliation for having reported age related discriminatory remarks, you are free to file a complaint with the EEOC.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">