• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

parking ticket in New York City - does anyone know the answer to this?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

windyrec

HI all,

I got a ticket in NYC for parking in an area that is "no standing 8a-6p" for a lumber store that's in a residential neighborhood. Under "place of occurence", the address of the store is given (#354). In fact my car was parked two buildings away from the store, at #360). I took photos of my car showing that it was parked outside #360. Now this No Standing zone extends a bit past the storefront and my car was partially in that zone, and partially out of it (where the parking was legal).

Does anyone out there know if "Place of Occurence" has to be where the car is literally found when it's ticketed? If so, then I could ask for this to be dismissed since it was not parked at #354. Or does "place of occurence" refer to where the parking sign is actually placed?

I also got two of the same ticket, less than 24 hours apart. (I was parked on a street other than my own, and I did not know that I might have been impinging on part of this no std area. When I went to move it I found the 2 tickets).

Thanks in advance.

Wendy in NYCWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

BL

Take your photos,explain your situations,be polite,and ask is there anyway to get the ticket amounts reduced .

If you haven't a history of be ticketed, most generally,you get some sorta break .

Then again,if you're going to lose wages equivalent,or more than the ticket amounts,you'll have to decide if taking off work is worth it?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">