• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unemployment vs pension

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jneil

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

I was recently laid off along with others due to cost savings where I had worked for over 31 years. I'm 60 and eligible to draw my pension, since I no longer work there. I have requested the pension paperwork, as well as applied for unemployment. Will I be able to draw both pension and unemployment? If not, how would unemployment find out about my pension?

I think I should be able to get both, but some say I can and some say I can't.

Thanks.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

pattytx

You file and find out. In the initial claim, aren't you required to state whether or not you will be receiving retirement benefits?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
It depends on your state. When my mother's company relocated out of state and she decided to retire, her state would not allow her to draw unemployment, while one of her co-workers living in another state could.

It depends on the unemployment regs of the state you live in.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">