• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

small claims court

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

missy64

someone was taken to small claims court, the judge denied a right to a lawyer and adjournment. would recieve decision in writing. she said she sent it out its been over a week when in fact the court apperance was received in 3 days of filing. believe there is some friend/family connection to judge. plaintiff 1/2 hour early for court already inside, judge outside speaking with driver of plaintiff. if she did in fact make her decision the night of court, how long do you have for appeal after the judges decision. if it is only 30 days, can you appeal even though you don't know the decision, just to be safe, and can it be cancelled if need be. only a week left before 30 days is up. were the judges actions wrongful, can anything be done. thank you.

M

missy64

thank you for the links. i was told it was 30 days from her decision. that is the concern. she is dragging her feet, she won't tell the decision, only that its in the mail. is there any place to go and obtain a copy of her decision. this is a very small rural community court. if i wait until court again which is only once a week and the only time they are open, the 30 day rule will be close. does she have to give me a copy or can she just say its in the mail again. thanks so much.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">