• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

is this illegal

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sut195

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? I live in tennessee. I work for the city driving a bus but it is seasonal. We work about ten months a year and the bus line shuts down from the end of december till sometime in march. I started taking anti-depressants early last summer and seeing a physciatrist. Last summer I had an incident at work where I had not slept in days and I went in to ask my boss for some time off(without pay) to get my mental health under control. During the course of the conversation with him I had some kind of break down and ended up with him asking my ex-wife to take me to a hospital that a guy from the city workers help organization told her to take me to. I was put in a mental facility for 4 days for observation and treatment. I was off work for two months without pay( Workers comp denied my claim) and came back to work and finished the rest of the season without incident. I have been with the city since 2005. I got the call today that I wasnt being called back and was being terminated because of my mental breakdown at work. Can they fire me for being sick? Can I sue to get my job back? Thank you very much! Phillip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">