• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Engine Modification

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

O

onewd40

A performance package was added to my still under warranty 98 Dodge Ram "24 valve" deisel engine.
The injector pump failed as well as the lift pump. The tech at the dealer told me the first thing they are order to test is the lift pump. It was already known that that pump had failed, because my mechanic checked it and got a replacement from the dealer. When the vehicle would not run we determined the injector pump had failed. The vehicle was taken to the dealer and they tested (first) the lift pump and the one acquired from the dealer was not up to the required pressures necessary to supply the injector pump. That, too, was replaced and the injector pump was (frozen)determined inoperative. Upon removal the dealers tech found where the performance module was hooked up and denied my warranty for the injector pump. But they did warrent the lift pumps, both of them. It is known that diesel injector pumps are dependent for the fuel to lubricate them. It is my contention that the failure had nothing to do with the performance module, it was the failure of the CHEAP lift pump used by the manufacturer.
Do I have a leg to stand on? I do have professional opinions as to the lack of fuel causing injector failures.THANKS
ONEWD40

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">