• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My stuff

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA

when i was terminated, i was not permitted back at my desk to collection my personal items. they indicated that they would ship them to me. well i got some of them not all of them. i sent a request 1 week ago to HR and the director of my department, and i have not recdeived a response.

i was asking for personal books that i brought to work (that helped in my job) as well as a copy of my new hire folder (which had personal stuff in it), my copy of the employee handbook as well as the benefits booklet (which i will need since i picked COBRA for me and the family. I also asked for my copies of my appraisals (which i had copies in my drawer) and a copy of the paperwork (that were given to me) regarding my probationary period.

how long do i give them to respond to me or should i send a certified letter requesting these items. it has now been almost 4 weeks since our separation.

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA

when i was terminated, i was not permitted back at my desk to collection my personal items. they indicated that they would ship them to me. well i got some of them not all of them. i sent a request 1 week ago to HR and the director of my department, and i have not recdeived a response.

i was asking for personal books that i brought to work (that helped in my job) as well as a copy of my new hire folder (which had personal stuff in it), my copy of the employee handbook as well as the benefits booklet (which i will need since i picked COBRA for me and the family. I also asked for my copies of my appraisals (which i had copies in my drawer) and a copy of the paperwork (that were given to me) regarding my probationary period.

how long do i give them to respond to me or should i send a certified letter requesting these items. it has now been almost 4 weeks since our separation.
**A: 4 weeks should have been enough time.

Thank you!

since i sent the original request via e-mail should i send it certified letter this time? and do i send it to HR or my former director?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">