• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Stalking?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kelloggb

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MI

Hello. I recently had to call 911 regarding a domestic issue with my ex-boyfriend. The police officer mentioned to me that he knew who my ex-boyfriend was because "he had been watching me" six months ago. Is there an online resource to view traffic stops in my county or city so I can see what happened? Obviously, he had been stopped and questioned about his behavior so I assume it was noted in the police records. I also wonder why I wasn't informed that I was being watched. Thank you

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MI

Hello. I recently had to call 911 regarding a domestic issue with my ex-boyfriend. The police officer mentioned to me that he knew who my ex-boyfriend was because "he had been watching me" six months ago. Is there an online resource to view traffic stops in my county or city so I can see what happened? Obviously, he had been stopped and questioned about his behavior so I assume it was noted in the police records. I also wonder why I wasn't informed that I was being watched. Thank you
**A: your post is confusing.

kelloggb

To clarify

Sorry. I've been informed by a police officer that my ex-boyfriend was watching me/my house. Where can I find the details of that police report?

CdwJava

Sorry. I've been informed by a police officer that my ex-boyfriend was watching me/my house. Where can I find the details of that police report?
Speak to the officer and ask if a report was written. If no report was written, ask why he thinks the person has been watching you?

Why do you want or need this info? If you think he has been stalking you, let the police know.

- Carl

kelloggb

Creepy

Thank you. Well, the officer told me he knew who the ex was because he'd been watching me six months ago. It's been on my mind and I wondered what exactly happened. Was he parked up the street overnight, driving around the block, following my car, etc? I guess I thought the police would have informed me that I was being watched back then.

CdwJava

Thank you. Well, the officer told me he knew who the ex was because he'd been watching me six months ago.
That does not mean that the ex actually WAS watching you, only that this was the officer's opinion. By itself, one contact in 6 months is not going to convince a judge of that he was stalking you.

It's been on my mind and I wondered what exactly happened. Was he parked up the street overnight, driving around the block, following my car, etc? I guess I thought the police would have informed me that I was being watched back then.
If you want to know the circumstances, ask the officer. he can certainly tell you if a report was written.

As for informing you, I doubt they had any credible threat of stalking or other crime so they had no reason to let you know.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">