• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Procedures for questioning

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rjchevalier

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida
My brother was asleep, officer knocked on the door, officer asked my brother his name and handcuffed him. My brother asked what this was about, officer stated he did not know was just told to bring him in for questioning. He was placed in the back of car, driven to station, placed in a cell. Later, he was led to a room to be questioned. He waived his rights and gave a statement. On pg 33 of his statement, the detecitve states "I now have enough to place you under arrest." I thought when you were brought in for questioning, you were free to leave, not placed in a cell. Were any rights violated here?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">