• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

fired for stealing at another business

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jsprimetime21

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? wisconsin, can I get fired from my job if I recently got a ticket for stealing makeup at a different store than my employer?

Last edited:

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? wisconsin, can I get fired from my job if I recently got a ticket for stealing makeup at a different store than my employer?
Your employer does not have to have a reason to fire you. So, yes if your employer finds out that you stole from another establishment he could fire you. If he were smart, he would - you are a risk and a liability to his business.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
can I get fired from my job if I recently got a ticket for stealing makeup at a different store than my employer?

Yes.

if I drove drunk and got a ticket he could fire me for that even though I have never drank at work?

Yes.

Are we clear on this point now?

>Charlotte<

Lurker
Or we could Seuss it.

He can fire you for any reason
He can fire you any season
Yes, he can fire you for that crime
Yes, he can fire you JSprimetime

cyjeff

Or we could Seuss it.

He can fire you for any reason
He can fire you any season
Yes, he can fire you for that crime
Yes, he can fire you JSprimetime
He can fire you in a house.
He can fire you cause you're a louse.
He can fire you on your birthday.
He can fire you for whom you lay.
He can fire you for your friends.
He can fire you for your split ends.
He can fire you at will.
No matter from whom you steal.

Country Living

You'll find out that if you steal
It's not easy to conceal.
If you steal from someone else,
You will steal from them, you louse.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">