• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Searches

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

Bnrhodes

My adult son was riding his bicycle at night on the sidewalk on his way home when two deputies came by and hollered at him to get a light. They then came back and stopped him and proceeded to search him going through his pockets where in the watch pocket of his jeans they found one zanex pill for which he had no prescription. When they asked him what it was he was honest and told them. They proceeded to give him a ticket for $40 for not having a light on his bike and told him he would have to wait for a narcotics officer to come, which he did. The narcotics officer came with a mask on and proceeded to try to bully him into becoming an informant telling him that if he did not cooperate he was coming to his house the next day and arrest him. My son told him that he did not know anyone he could turn in because the people he knew who took zanex all had prescriptions. The officer continued to question him as to whether he knew anyone dealing in heroin or zanex and when my son said no, he then wanted to know if he thought he could work his way in with some of these people. My son kept telling him no and the officer finally told him to call him the next day or else he would arrest him. My son did call him the next day and he said he would call back later. He had told my son, "We're going Saturday night."
He hasn't called back, but the next day a deputy was arrested for dealing in cocaine and two others were suspended with more expected to come. This may be the reason he hasn't heard from him. My question is, was it legal for them to search him like this just because he had no light on his bike? Also, is this threatening him to become an informant legal?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">