• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Violation of Court Injunction

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tedster

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA and NY
Well, there was a court injunction against my mother being moved from the nursing home in PA where she was placed. The DA brought a case against two of my siblings in order to appoint conservatorship to a state-appointed third party. There is big-time financial abuse going on from two siblings.
Now my mother has been whisked away out of state to NY. There is a court date in PA on March 17th to appoint the neutral guardian. I really don't think my a-hole siblings have any intention of bringing her back to PA.
The question is: what happens now (typically)?
Naturally, I call the DA tomorrow (Monday) and try to find out what they're doing about this.
The reason why I ask here is because this has been a twilight zone experience for nearly two years now and what "should happen" never seems to happen.

BlondiePB

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA and NY
Well, there was a court injunction against my mother being moved from the nursing home in PA where she was placed. The DA brought a case against two of my siblings in order to appoint conservatorship to a state-appointed third party. There is big-time financial abuse going on from two siblings.
Now my mother has been whisked away out of state to NY. There is a court date in PA on March 17th to appoint the neutral guardian. I really don't think my a-hole siblings have any intention of bringing her back to PA.
The question is: what happens now (typically)?
Naturally, I call the DA tomorrow (Monday) and try to find out what they're doing about this.
The reason why I ask here is because this has been a twilight zone experience for nearly two years now and what "should happen" never seems to happen.
Due to petitioning the court for a guardian of your mother, she is under state protection. Yes, do speak to the DA regarding your squibblings taking mom to NY. Also ask if the guardian to be appointed is limited (over either mom's estate or her person) or plenary (over both person & estate).

Mom not only needs guardian over her estate, she also needs guardian over her person who will have the authority to do what is necessary to retrieve mom from NY (including having a court order(s) and the police remove mom from where your squibblings have her stashed).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">