• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

MD parking ticket on MI tagged vehicle.. $1300

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

discoman

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Maryland

In June of 05 my vehicle, with Michigan tags, got a parking ticket. I Received a late notice in Nov of 05 and thought i paid it. In Dec of 05 I sold the that vehicle with MI tags and no longer rcv'd mail at that address (mom moved). In Jan 06 bought a vehicle in MD and registered it in MD. I renewed my registration in MD in Jan 08. I get a notice in Feb of 09 saying that my parking ticket from June 05 is now $1300. MD DMV obviously does not know about the ticket otherwise I could not renew my registration. I believe MI does not have repicosity with MD. Should I not even worry about it? What should I do, cant afford $1300 for a $60 parking ticket. Keep in mind, between Nov 05 and Feb of 09 I never rcv'd any notices.

JETX

I get a notice in Feb of 09 saying that my parking ticket from June 05 is now $1300. MD DMV obviously does not know about the ticket otherwise I could not renew my registration. I believe MI does not have repicosity with MD.
You are correct. Michigan is NOT a member of the 'Interstate Driver License Compact'. As such, the unpaid ticket should not affect your MD license.

Should I not even worry about it?
Of course you should 'worry' about it.

discoman

I now have a Maryland drivers license. Will this ticket affect me while Im a resident of the state of Maryland?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">