• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

slander

• Thread starter katina caldwell
  • Start date

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

katina caldwell

in nc how hard is it to prove slander against a company? what kind of information do you need to prove slander?
what type of lawyer do you get to pursue this type of law suit?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

katina caldwell said:
in nc how hard is it to prove slander against a company? what kind of information do you need to prove slander?
what type of lawyer do you get to pursue this type of law suit?
My response:

I have a question for you.

How do you know if you've been slandered if you asked
"what kind of information do you need to prove slander"?

If you'd care to tell us what happened, and what was said, perhaps we might be able to tell you if you've been slandered in the first place.

IAAL

K

katina caldwell

i work for a hotel, i reseved a rom at a sister property. when i knew week in advance that i was not going to show i called and i cancelled. since then the hotel charged my credit card for a no show charge, i charged it back with my credit card company. the GM of the hotel calls me and is very rude and disrespectful to me over the phone. she called me a liar and told me that i was not welcome at her hotel. since this conversation she has filed a formal complaint with the corp office. while all of this was taking place my mother asked me to make her and some friends a reservation at this property so i did. this reservation had nothing to do with me. they did not recieve the employee rate and my name was not mentioned. when they arrived at the hotel, they had no reservation and was told that they will not honor anything with my nameon it an tht my GM would have to speak with me about this matter. needless to say i was highly embrassed.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

katina caldwell said:
i work for a hotel, i reseved a rom at a sister property. when i knew week in advance that i was not going to show i called and i cancelled. since then the hotel charged my credit card for a no show charge, i charged it back with my credit card company. the GM of the hotel calls me and is very rude and disrespectful to me over the phone. she called me a liar and told me that i was not welcome at her hotel. since this conversation she has filed a formal complaint with the corp office. while all of this was taking place my mother asked me to make her and some friends a reservation at this property so i did. this reservation had nothing to do with me. they did not recieve the employee rate and my name was not mentioned. when they arrived at the hotel, they had no reservation and was told that they will not honor anything with my nameon it an tht my GM would have to speak with me about this matter. needless to say i was highly embrassed.
My response:

From what you've said, you haven't been slandered. You merely have one person not wanting to do business with another person. Embarrassment does not amount to "slander". And, being nasty to you on the telephone does not amount to "slander".

Defamation consists of false and unprivileged written, oral or recorded publications which expose the defamed person to hatred, contempt, ridicule or obloquy or cause the person to be shunned or avoided or injured in his or her occupation . . . tend[ing] to injure the person in his or her business or profession, or otherwise cause actual damage.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">