• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wrongfully accused!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

eileene5722

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MI
I was put on suspension pending investigation for a missing deposit I did not take. The problem with this is that I am having problems getting my unemloyment back because of it. It sucks because I am being punished for something I did not do! I would never or could ever do something like that! I am trying to claim on my unemployment for a different job I had, so why would it even be an issue. Isn't there something I can do? Do I need an attorney?

Beth3

I am trying to claim on my unemployment for a different job I had, so why would it even be an issue. I'm confused. Are you trying to claim UC benefits for your current investigatory suspension? Or does this relate to a prior period of unemployment before you started your current job?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Eileene, you don't get to pick and choose what companies are affected. ALL companies you worked for during the look back period are going to be contacted regarding your UI, not just the one you choose.

eileene5722

Unemployment help

I am trying to claim on my unemployment for a different job I had, so why would it even be an issue. I'm confused. Are you trying to claim UC benefits for your current investigatory suspension? Or does this relate to a prior period of unemployment before you started your current job?

I have 14 weeks of benefits left over from my previous employer. I'm not even claiming the last job I had. I wan't there long enough. How can they deny my when I have those weeks there. Can they when the last job doesn't even have anything to do with my weeks remaining? Do I need a lawyer? How is it even possile? I didn't even do anything and I'm being punished for it.

eileene5722

RE: other job

Eileene, you don't get to pick and choose what companies are affected. ALL companies you worked for during the look back period are going to be contacted regarding your UI, not just the one you choose.
But, I wasn't even at my last job long enough to claim benefits from them, that is what I am trying to say, and why I don't understand.

jbdhayes

Have you even been let go yet? If your just under watch or signed an unpaid time off form then your still employed under them and cannot claim anything. Or at least that is what I thought.

pattytx

But, I wasn't even at my last job long enough to claim benefits from them, that is what I am trying to say, and why I don't understand.
It doesn't matter. The state knows where you worked.

Appeal on the grounds that the employer has no proof that you are guilty, only that you were suspected.

eileene5722

Finally! Relief!

After six Long weeks of waiting, my unemployment finally came through. My last job couldn't prove that I took anything, so they had to back up and pay me my unemployment. Thank god!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">