• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

wrongful firing?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

awtrombley

my son worked at a equipment rental store in florida as a mechanic. he was approached at work by a man that offered him a better job. on his day of, my son went and filled out an application for the person. a week later my son's boss called him into the office, and asked him if he had been speaking to anyone about a job, my son said yes, his boss called the man,and in front of my son, he told the man,"you can have him because, i'm firing him on the spot." My son's boss told him that he didn't need any reason, he could fire him without reason, because florida is a right to work state. now my son is out of work because the new job has yet to materialize,he has been fired for the first time, and will have to put that on any application's that he fills out. my question is, did my son's boss break any state or federal law's?, and if so what should he do about it?.

B

buddy2bear

No, your son's x-boss did not break any laws. Your son could have been fired for any reason or no reason. Welcome to the world of work!

As a mechanic, particularly if he is ASE certified, he should have no problem finding jobs.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">