• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Parking Ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

testinguno

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

I'm wondering if anyone has some experience with this situation.
The another day I was driving and I pulled my car over to curb because I was feeling sick (I have been doing Chemo for 10months) The spot where I
parked was the closest and safest spot available. Unfortuately, about 25-30 feet away at the corner was a bus stop and I was parked in a red zone.
After a couple of minutes I looked up a Parking Enforcement Officier was standing outside my window. He said he had been there for a few minutes.
looking at me and then handed me ticket. I was speachless especially when
I looked at the ticket and it was for $ 278 dollars. Does the City of Los Angeles ever think that what i did was the safest thing and therefore grant a break?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

I'm wondering if anyone has some experience with this situation.
The another day I was driving and I pulled my car over to curb because I was feeling sick (I have been doing Chemo for 10months) The spot where I
parked was the closest and safest spot available. Unfortuately, about 25-30 feet away at the corner was a bus stop and I was parked in a red zone.
After a couple of minutes I looked up a Parking Enforcement Officier was standing outside my window. He said he had been there for a few minutes.
looking at me and then handed me ticket. I was speachless especially when
I looked at the ticket and it was for $ 278 dollars. Does the City of Los Angeles ever think that what i did was the safest thing and therefore grant a break?
When you ask them, please be sure to present medical proof of your problem. Absent that, good luck!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">