• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

reference question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sheabirdno1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? GA
This question is a follow-up to a question I posted a couple of weeks ago regarding a slanderous reference I received by my former employer (a high school principal).

I recently contacted my former employer's boss (superintendent of the schools) to request a chance to discuss with him the problem and to ascertain whether or not he might be willing to help me clear up the damage his employee has done to my name and my reference. I thought he would be interested in doing this because they are paying me unemployment and the county is terribly strapped for money, as many districts are currently. The Superintendent will not meet with me.

My question: Does the Superintendent of schools have any legal liability in this situation? Is he in any way responsible for the actions of his employee, the principal?
Thank in advance

Dandy Don

He's afraid to respond because he's scared you are going to file a lawsuit anyway.

Talk to an employment law attorney about your rights and perhaps the attorney can intervene on your behalf to negotiate a compromise, acceptable solution to both sides where it is agreed in advance to what he will say when a reference check is done on you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">