• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Volenterly Quit or Fired?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

christoph030686

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Indiana.
Ok I was due into work and had forgotten to look at the schedule, they called me on the day of work and said I was due in at that time.. I said that I couldn't make it in because I was not ready for work and did not have work clothes clean.. I asked when the next day I was scheuduled and they told me. I showed up to work on my next day schueduled and they had took me off the schuedule with out calling me to inform me of this.. They then said that I volenterly quit.. So what does this fall under? Do I have any legal options here?

las365

I'm curious, how old are you? Is this your first job?

Per your own account of the facts, you neglected to check the schedule, didn't go to work when you were scheduled, and declined to go to work as scheduled when the employer called to ask why you weren't there.

You voluntarily abandoned your job. This falls under you being irresponsible and not bothering to go to work.

You can't really think that you have some sort of claim against the employer. If you think you do, what do you think it would be?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Yes, you have a legal option.

You have the legal option of filing for unemployment. Mind you, I'm by no means certain that you'll get it since in my opinion you voluntarily quit. But you may get lucky and find an ALJ with some imagination.

But any legal options to force the employer to give you your job back? Or to sue your employer? Not even a whisper of one.

Last edited:

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Indiana.
Ok I was due into work and had forgotten to look at the schedule, they called me on the day of work and said I was due in at that time.. I said that I couldn't make it in because I was not ready for work and did not have work clothes clean.. I asked when the next day I was scheuduled and they told me. I showed up to work on my next day schueduled and they had took me off the schuedule with out calling me to inform me of this.. They then said that I volenterly quit.. So what does this fall under? Do I have any legal options here?
**A: It falls under stupidity. In this day of high unemployment, it does not pay to screw with your employer. Not only do you now need to look for another job but you should also take some classes in spelling and grammar.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">