• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can this be fought?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jabogy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? VA
I was working at Wendys in Chester,VA. When I approached the district manager with a concern involving his food cost, I told him in confidentiality that the night shift was trading his food for drugs. He broke the confidentiality, and told the night shift everything I said. I went back to work on day shift while my girlfriend worked the night shift. When my girlfriend went to work her co-workers harassed her and threatened her and myself. Due to false accusations by my co-workers, My girlfriend and I was fired. I want to know what my rights are. Can this be fought?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
First of all, where did you get the idea that the manager had a duty of confidentiality? How did you imagine he was going to investigate without mentioning what had been said?

pattytx

If by "fought", you mean get your job back, I doubt successfully. No law was violated in the firing of either of you.

If by "fought", you mean get UI benefits, you'll both probably qualify.

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? VA
I was working at Wendys in Chester,VA. When I approached the district manager with a concern involving his food cost, I told him in confidentiality that the night shift was trading his food for drugs. He broke the confidentiality, and told the night shift everything I said. I went back to work on day shift while my girlfriend worked the night shift. When my girlfriend went to work her co-workers harassed her and threatened her and myself. Due to false accusations by my co-workers, My girlfriend and I was fired. I want to know what my rights are. Can this be fought?
**A: was in true that people would actually trade drugs for a Wendy's burger, fries and a shake?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">