• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

"Concealed True Identity"

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

popeye1i

I was making payments to a lawyer over an dentist bill. Due to the lawyer and his secretary treating me very rude. I stoped making payments. Now, the lawyer is in Motion of Civil Proceedure that I "Concealed my true identity". Not by my first nor last name. But, by my "middle initial". I don't see how I "concealed my true identity". I don't always use my "middle initial/name". Which I do have many years of proof(on paper)on that. With him presenting this in court. I really don't know what the outcome will be. Should I get a lawyer on this matter? Any suggestions or advice Please!

Popeye1i

P

popeye1i

I'm not playing any kind of game nor BS. This so called lawyer is the one who is. And the comment you made. You really don't know the "full details" on how this all got started. I may be the "Defendant". But, a "Defendant" still have rights too.

JETX

Alright, I will play your game. Here is the scenario that you have given:

1) You failed or refused to pay a Dentist bill.
2) A lawyer got involved and you agreed to make payments.
3) Claiming that the lawyer or his staff being "very rude" to you, you decided to play the lawyer by stopping payments.
4) The lawyer has now called your 'bluff' and taken action against you.
5) You now come whining here with " I really don't know what the outcome will be. Should I get a lawyer on this matter? Any suggestions or advice Please!"
6) HomeGuru, a well respected senior forum member, told you to quit playing games and pay the debt (absolutely correct advice).
7) You know come forward with "You really don't know the "full details" on how this all got started."

My response.. Too bad that you didn't tell us the full details!! And it really doesn't matter how it started, here is what will happen:
The attorney will get a judgment against you for the unpaid amount, plus costs, plus HIS fees. And since you have been so rude to him, he will probably chase you all the way to hell and back to enforce his judgment. In fact, I suggest you might give him my information at the bottom of this post, I might be interested in helping him get his (and the Dentists) money.

I assume that takes some of the 'fun' out of the games you are playing.

My advice:
Pay the bill and save yourself a lot of problems and expense. Oh, and get a thicker skin if you are going to go around defaulting on payments. (Flame shield at FULL strength!!)

P

popeye1i

1) Refused to pay for work not fully done as specified.
2) Was not "legally served"(by sheriff)with the papers.
3) I'm not "playing the lawyer".
4) I never "Bluff".
5) I didn't come here "whinning" .
6) HomeGuro, a well respected senior forum member? My opinion, That's their opinion.
7) A judgement against me. How will he get the money "if" I have "NOTHING" of value???? Say: No vehicle, no job(in years), no real estate and no bank account. And if I'm on welfare. How then??? My PC! It's too old, no one will buy it. Will you?? 486-$3000.
8) Me, "RUDE TO HIM"? I know not.
9) "YOU" suggest me to tell this so called lawyer that "you" might be interested in helping him. If you're a lawyer, you do it.
9) You assume that takes some of the "fun" out of the games that "I'm playing"? Go Fish(That's a game).
10) You have to have "thick skin" to live in this cruel world. But even more "thicker skin" when you really live it. "When the going gets tough, I get even more tougher"

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

I note from your profile that you're from Odenville, Alabama.

One thing throughout all of this that you forgot to consider, despite the fact that you may think you're "judgment proof".

You see, once the attorney gets a judgment against you, an Alabama judgment is good for 20 years, and at the rate of 12% per year.

Additionally, each and every year, the attorney can haul your buns back into court for a "Debtor's Hearing" to determine your then current assets.

So, your "game playing" just earned you a HUGE "monkey on your back".

And, if you don't think it won't happen, it will - - and just when you buy that new car, home, or whatever; or just when you start putting money into a bank account or some other fund.

A lot can happen in 20 years - - and at 12% interest, hell, I'd buy the debt and let it sit ! It's better interest than anyone can get from a bank.

Tick, tock, tick, tock . . . BLAMMO !!

IAAL

[Edited by I AM ALWAYS LIABLE on 03-07-2001 at 01:47 AM]

P

popeye1i

1) I never said I was "Judgement Proof" nor thought it.

2) A lot can happen in 20 years. I could die tomorrow(with my health), I may move out of the state/country or become homeless again. Or the world could come to an end! Who knows what the future will be from now!

3) Have that HUGE monkey scratch my back.

4) Me? Have a new car, home, bank account or some other fund! I preferr walking, living outdoors and have what money I have in my pocket. Having a car--> car payments, insurance, repairs, roadrage, traffic and so on. Having a home--> mortgage, repairs, insurance, complaining neighbors and so on. Having money into some account--> fees, taxes, mistakes, dropping stock market, stolen checks/credit cards and so on. And if I ever do come into some "BIG MONEY". It still wouldn't changed my lifestyle. I prefer giving it to the poor than the rich.

5)I'm not playing no game(s). Life entirely is like the game "MONOPOLY".

6) As the "RED" statement says on replying to a message: Be "Considerate"-- I'm considerate enough not to put people down on any situation. Be "RESPECTFUL"-- Respectful enough to watch my language(cuss words). Be "POLITE"--> Politely enough to lighten up your remarks with a :) "HUMAN BEING" on the other side of that computer--> An "HUMAN BEING" is one that truly understands and has feelings for one another. Just as the Indians called some of the white people(HUMAN BEING).

7) As for where I'm from. It's a growing town. More of the rich folks are moving out here and more businesses are buiding. It's turning into a city. I'll be moving in time.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">