• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Not Fired and Ad in paper for my Job!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jred27

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Suffolk County, Long Island NY

I work in sales at a current Gym in NY, from the economy not where its suppose to be, sales has been down. In january sales was great and I crushed the sales goal given, but in Feburary sales was terrible and I over heard the Owner being pissed at the entire sales staff. I came across a ad in the paper for my gym for a sales postion that listed the same hours that I work! and I still work there those hours! Is this illegal? Someone told me this is highly illegal under some law? Can anyone help me?

HomeGuru

I work in sales at a current Gym in NY, from the economy not where its suppose to be, sales has been down. In january sales was great and I crushed the sales goal given, but in Feburary sales was terrible and I over heard the Owner being pissed at the entire sales staff. I came across a ad in the paper for my gym for a sales postion that listed the same hours that I work! and I still work there those hours! Is this illegal? Someone told me this is highly illegal under some law? Can anyone help me?
**A: no it is no illegal. And ask that someone to stop telling you crap. Tell that person that told you that he/she is an idiot under some law.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Is this illegal? Not even remotely.

Someone told me this is highly illegal under some law? Then someone needs to go back to law school and this time actually read his textbooks.

Can anyone help me? Try the unemployment office.

ecmst12

You're still working. How do you know that they're not looking for someone else IN ADDITION to you?

eerelations

Before we can advise you any further, we need to know what your employer said to you when you asked about the ad.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Although a valid point, the poster could be in line for a promotion, a change in shift, or a transfer as well. It doesn't HAVE to mean a firing.

Alex23

How about that law that requires business owners to go without help after they fire the neer-do-well because they couldn't advertise for a suitable replacement?

Beth3

You have two choices: ask the boss if he has a few minutes to meet with you and explain your concern, or just wait and see what happens. If it were me, I'd likely go with option A rather than go through the stress and uncertainty of wondering if the axe was going to fall.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">