• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can they do this?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

curiousj7

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? oklahoma

i was pulled over for a broken tail light and consented to a search of the car, forgetting there was less than a gram of pot, a pipe, and some baggies in the car. they confiscated all of it, they didnt give me a ticket or anything, but he gave me his number and said if i didnt call him in less than 2 months and turn my dealer in, that he would use the evidence against me. is this legal even tho i was never issued a ticket or anything?

HomeGuru

i was pulled over for a broken tail light and consented to a search of the car, forgetting there was less than a gram of pot, a pipe, and some baggies in the car. they confiscated all of it,

**A: you see what pot does, it makes you forget stuff.

########
they didnt give me a ticket or anything, but he gave me his number and said if i didnt call him in less than 2 months and turn my dealer in, that he would use the evidence against me. is this legal even tho i was never issued a ticket or anything?
**A: yes it is highly illegal and unethical. Call the police guy back and threaten to sue for 2 dime bags.

Dillon

i was pulled over for a broken tail light and consented to a search of the car, forgetting there was less than a gram of pot, a pipe, and some baggies in the car. they confiscated all of it, they didnt give me a ticket or anything, but he gave me his number and said if i didnt call him in less than 2 months and turn my dealer in, that he would use the evidence against me. is this legal even tho i was never issued a ticket or anything?
Why would anyone ever consent to a search of their car? (go figure)

djevans

never ever ever help the cops bust a dealer. Usually it will not help your case in court. Snitching usually gets you nothing.

This does not sound legal at all, but you may ask a lawyer for legal help. Also Never consent to a search.

On the other hand....

djevans- helping bust your dealer will help you in court, in fact it may keep you out of court, and yes the cops can do this it's called good police work. :D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">