• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Was this arrest legal?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pepe77

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California
At the time of this incident, my nephew was not living with her girlfriend. They have a son together. The girlfriend, along with another female were living in another city. They had a falling out, so this female in order to get back at my nephew's girlfriend, accused my nephew of burglary. This female knew who the perps were. One night, my nephew and his friends were stopped for a minor traffic violation, although he wasn't driving, he was asked for some i.d. and upon the cop running the lic. # it showed that there was a warrant for his arrest. So, he was arrested and taken to jail. He was there for about 1 week. He was let out on $50.000 bail. He had his day in court and pleaded not guilty, and telling the investigator that he didn't know what he was arrested for, that he didn't have anything to do with what ever they were accusing him of. All the while the investigator telling him to admit the crime and the consequences would be better if he confessed. Still my nephew would not admit to anything.
It was later learned that two or more people, either friends or acquaintances of the female living with my nephew's girlfriend, were the ones that committed the crime. Later, my nephew said that the investigator was insistent that he admit the crime and he would get a better deal, so to get him to stop nagging him my nephew says he said ok , and admitted the crime. Later, on another day, they brought in the victim to Identify the person that committed the crime (apparently a play station or a Nintendo game box was taken ) and the victim denied that my nephew was the one that took his item. He has a court date on Monday, March 9th for the judge to decide if his case should continue, and the "public defender" wished him good luck...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">