• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

unemployment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

momm2500

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA

has anyone ever heard of a case where an individual was awarded UC and then the employer appeals the UC ruling and then the former employee is denied? Just curious if this has ever happened before.

mlane58

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA

has anyone ever heard of a case where an individual was awarded UC and then the employer appeals the UC ruling and then the former employee is denied? Just curious if this has ever happened before.
It happens every day in every state.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Yes, indeed. Happens all the time. Why do you think they have the appeals process in the first place?

momm2500

thanks. a friend asked cause now he has to pay back money and was curious if that could be done. i told him i did not know but did know people that would know. i told him that he should appeal before sending any money back and since he has till 3/10/09 according to the letter he received, to appeal i advised appeal. i hope i gave the right advice on that one

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
That depends on his state and whether he still has a level of appeal available. Different states allow different number of appeals. If he still has an appeal, then your advice was fine. If this was the end of the line (doesn't sound as if it was but with the info you have, we never know) then he won't be able to do it anyway so you won't have hurt him.

pattytx

And, if the appeals process has come to its legal end, he MAY be able to apply for a waiver to repay. Not sure if PA has it, but I know MD does.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">