• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Minor In Possession Arrest

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lamm.brett@yah

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Michigan

I was arrested for a MIP in the summer of 2003 in South Haven, Michigan. I spent the night in jail and received a MIP ticket with a court date. A week later I was supposed to call the court to confirm the court date and time. They had nothing on record about me. I called the next day with the same result. I continued calling for the following weeks and that continued for several months, with the same result, they had nothing on record about me. Over time i just stopped calling and nothing ever happened. No warrants were sent out for me and no phone calls. In 2005 I received an unrelated charge and went through section 333.7411. When me and my lawyer were talking, he had on file that I was arrested in South Haven on that date, but it did not have on record why. There was still no warrants and no record of a MIP, only that I was arrested.

My question is this. I now live in Texas and have been offered a job by a bank. They have required a finger print background check. I know that the 7411 is not public since I completed the program, but will the arrest record show up in this check? And is that a reason to fail the background check and be denied the job?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">