• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Adjudication Deferred

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

epitome33

On 11/11/92 in El Paso,Tx, I was placed on probation for possession of marijuana 0/5 lbs u/50 lbs. Ct. 1 (only). I received 5 years probation and adjudication deferred. On May 22, 1997 I was discharged from probation. I was initally told that once I complete my probation my slate would be wiped clean. However a friend of mine told me whenever a criminal background check is done on me, this conviction will come up. I am now 34 and I have not been in any trouble with the law since and I am due to receive a degree this May. I am nervous about applying for jobs (or even leasing anything) because I am afraid this conviction will rear it's ugly head. Is this true? Can I do anything about it?

Thank you,

Ms. Barnes

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

Well, if you had deferred adjudication, your charges would be dropped if you completed the program. So, no record, But you may have an arrest record.

Contact an attorney in your state -- criminal defense attorney to do two things:

1. Check your record
2. File for an expungement if necessary.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">