• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

PreEmployment Background Check

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

JohnGRose

I recently received a verbal job offer. Then I got the offer letter in the mail. In the letter there was a sentence that said the offer was contigent on the successful completion of background investigation. This is for an R&D job. I called the company and said that I had already given moving notice, etc.. They said to fax in the "Authorization for Release of Information Form" and they would speed it up. I had read the form before and it basically gives some investigative company unlimited rights to all my finances. The company told me to cross out what I didn't like. So I crossed out some of the financial terms and unlimited use terms and faxed it in. They called me back the next day and said the the offer was withdrawn because I crossed out to many things. This shook me up(I have multiple other serious life stressors going on). So I called back and told them I wouldn't cross anything off and I faxed it in. They said that they would get back to me.

How can I support people that are fighting for pre-employment privacy rights? Or privacy rights in general? I'm tired of this bullsh**. Don't people have any personal privacy rights anymore? Where can I find this out?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">