• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

On Call Pay

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

Karen Silvers

On Call/Travel Time Pay

I am a full time (40 hour) hourly service tech also on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. If I am paged and must respond to a store that is down, I am not paid for my travel time, possibly 1-11/2 hours each way. I am not paid for being on call nor for my travel time but a company van is provided. Is this legal in Illinois?

[Edited by Karen Silvers on 03-04-2001 at 01:17 PM]

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information,not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

"On-Call" Time

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If your job requires you to be on-call in case of an emergency, you may be entitled to receive overtime pay or compensatory time. Overtime pay should total one-and-a half times your regular hourly wage for each hour and thirty minutes you work past your usual schedule. Comp time is paid time off for every hour or so that you work past your usual schedule. To determine if your employer owes you for working on-call, ask yourself the following questions: Is the frequency of calls that you take unreasonably restrictive? Do you have to respond to calls within a certain period of time? Are you allowed to share on-call responsibilities with co-workers? Do you have a pager to allow you some freedom of movement while you're on-call? If you wish to recover payment for working on-call, contact a labor and employment law professional in your area.

Copyright © IT Network 1999

http://www.attorneypages.com

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">