• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Tollway Fines

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

anderjw

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Missouri

My wife and I travelled to Denver Colorado in Dec of 2006. When we arrived in the area we found that we needed to take the E-470 tollway to get to our destination. The problem was we had no change to pay the tolls. So for each toll booth we were fined $2 for a total of $12. We were told that when we returned home we could go on line to pay the $12 tolls. When I attempted to pay the tolls on line, I was unable to do so because I didn't have the "citation" number that their website required. I then emailed the address on the website to let them know that I needed more information, but they never responded. I never did receive the information that I needed. Now over two years later they say I need to pay them $453 in fines and penalties and have turned this over to a collection agency. I would like to know what I can do to stop this without having to pay $453. What are my options?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">