• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unemployment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rpeterson4141

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MN

I'm going to ask a similar question as I did yesterday but I will try to simplify it, so please forgive me if I get the same senior member to answer. Ok, I was recently laid off by a car dealership. I worked there for 10 months...(May of 08 till march of 09) They are fine with giving me unemployment benefits. My base period for unemployment goes back to October of 2007. Between Oct of 07 and Jan of 08 a drinking problem led me to quit 3 jobs. Can those 3 jobs I quit cause me a denial of unemployment? The state has my case pending and any money has been put on hold because of it. Please Advise

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
If you are asking whether there is any law that would prohibit the state from denying you benefits because you quit those jobs, no, there is not.

I remember your other post and I sincerely believe that you will ultimately get benefits. But I can't guaranteed it; the fact that you quit previous jobs can be a factor. It is more of an issue in some states than others. In my state, it probably wouldn't be an issue at all. On the other hand, I know of someone in another state (not yours or mine) who did have benefits denied because she quit a job previous to the one that just quit her. It's been so long since I've had employees in your state (I think the last time was 1999) that I have no clue what the regs are these days. So yes, it is possible, but it's not likely.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">