• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

petit larcency in NV

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sunny09

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Nevada

I live in California and me and my friend were caught shoplifting in Las Vegas. We were charged with petit larceny (misdemeanor); I stole $107 worth of stuff. Our court date is coming up fast & I need some advice. First off, neither one of us have been charged with a crime before. Neither one of us can afford a lawyer, but since we are pleading guilty, I figure we do not need one. I just want to go in, plead guilty, pay any fines, and get out of there. Does this seem realistic to you? What are the likely min and max penalties for this? Do you think I will be charged closer to the minimum? Should I ask what my penalty will be before pleading guilty? If I pay, there isn't going to be any jail time, right?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

If you pleed guilty then you lose, lose, and lose again. Why not plea inocent and see what they offer in compromise? Who knows, maybe due to someone not making it they can't prosecute?

sunny09

But I'm not innocent. They have me on tape. Also I will have to drive back to Vegas again. I just want this mess over with.
If I plea not guilty, then what is the protocol?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">