• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

To receive unemployment from a firing?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Indiana, if you were fired for a policy that was not actively enforced and was never enforced since date of hire, and only enforced and employees told about this AFTER I was fired.

las365

It is virtually impossible to predict whether or not your aplication for unemployment benefits will be approved.

Why were you fired? Not the vague explanation you already gave. What did you do that your employer fired you for?

I was written a prescription from one of the dr's I work with, usually they do this for employees, husbands, kids, whoever, no one charts anything ever. However on this day my insurance needed a letter of necessity for a sleep study and the dr. said "okay you can write that up" which I did, I also added the 2 scripts she gave me into the chart for record.
The next day the corp. office that owns the office, terminated me. I had each and every dr. in there fighting for me, stating that b/c they don't normally chart meds in employees charts and I did, I should be punished, that each employee checks their charts on a regular basis, checking meds, blood work results, dr. notes, etc... but human resources didn't care, they wanted me gone.

After I was fired, the office manager sent a memo to all staff about we aren't allowed to look or check any items in our charts. This was AFTER I was gone, and the dr.'s in the office agreed with me, fought to not term. me, and told me to file.

But in the end, hands are tied, The dr.'s are owned by the corp.

pattytx

All you can do is file. If the employer protests, there will be a telephone hearing and you can explain your side of the story. If you want witnesses to testify, they will have to be present; the notification of the hearing date will tell you how to do that.

Healthcare is not my industry, but what you did, or what the doctors allowed you to do, might be a violation of some professional guidelines or requirements.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">