• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

return of bail money

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

donhelding

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? tx

i have a situtation. i have a friend that posted 600 dollars bail for me last year. the case is over. i paid him the 600 dollars the next day (of last year) by check. i went to get my bail money back recently from the courts and since he signed the reciept they will only release it to him. thats what they did.. I told him and everything was fine, with the idea that he would write me a check when he recieved it and cashed it. then he could just mail me a check.. now, he wont return my calls or emails and i called the state and found out they sent it to him and he cashed it. so what are my chances to recover my money from him in a civil suit. needless to say we are not on good terms.. he basically made off with my money. i have the cancelled check i wrote him to prove i paid him the money.. thanks for your help and hopefully this is enough info for you to help.. im desperate for my money back.. thanks so much for any help..

Don

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">