• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Possible Suspect in petty Theft. Need help!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pmax104

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

Hi guys wondering if you can help me out. Just a little about my self, I have no criminal back ground at all, my record is squeaky clean. I will try to summarize my situation to the best of my extent. Basically I am a reseller, with a valid California reseller license. I sell on ebay, mostly electronics and computer parts. Recently I purchased about 6 laptops from a retail store which was brand new and sealed. Each laptop was purchased for $208. I posted it on eBay for sale and was contacted by a person to have it picked up locally instead of going through ebay, this means that our transaction did not take place through ebay as the buyer did not bid or use the buy it now option. We basically met at a public place, he gave me the cash and I gave him the laptop. Keep in mind the laptop is brand new and sealed. Two hours after the transaction he calls me and tells me I did not sell him a laptop, instead their was a book inside. This shocked me and my first assumption was he is trying to scam me as I bought this laptop brand new and sealed at a local best buy. Long story short he filed a police report against me. I was contracted by an investigator so I showed her proof of my purchase through receipts and my license. I am now a "Suspect" in a theft case. What should I do?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">