• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Caught shoplifting for 1st time

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tornad02009

I am from Canada, Ontario.
I was caught shoplifting, I am 23 and this was the first and last time i did something like this. When they checked my record everything was ok, I am a good student and this was the stupid thing to do.
The mall's security gave me a NOTICE PROHIBITING ENTRY for 1 YR. They called police and they took informations about me and they let me go.
I have no criminal record.
My question is, what can happen now? Can police come to my house for some reason? After a year does this information still shows on police information, lets say after 5 years they stop me for speeding, would this show?
Even if I dont have a criminal record (they told me I dont, but this is a worrning) can i travel to US or Europe????
Who can see those things about me, do they send it to the other malls? Do they send my picture to the stores?
Please let me know.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">