• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need Suggestion ASAP

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Problem124

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Michigan
Hello all!! I need some help. I have been charged for Misdemeanor 3rd degree for 40$,went to the court and sentenced in the diversion program as Disorderly Person (which they said is now not a criminal offense),they also sentenced 1 yr probation and I completed my community service.They have said if I pay my civil demand fine and stay nice for 1 yr this case would be expunged after 1 yr.Until now I have a clean record.Now I am trying for jobs ,I wanted to know if this will be seen in the background check? they said its now not a criminal offense...but still will it be seen??I also wanted to know how to pay off the civil demand fine??
please help me,i badly need ur suggestion.....

thanks a lot in advance

JETX

Now I am trying for jobs ,I wanted to know if this will be seen in the background check?
Depends. If the background check (or their question) is for ARRESTS, then yes, the arrest will be found. If it for CONVICTIONS.... then it likely will NOT be found.

I also wanted to know how to pay off the civil demand fine??
What did your attorney (or court) say when you contacted them?

Problem124

Thanks a lot for the reply....
regarding the civil demand I spoke to the court officials yesterday,they said they have already collected in the fees that I have payed.
I am only worried about the Backgroud check, they take my SSN and check if I have any criminal record....so how will it be??

please let me know....iam worried abt it....

JETX

I am only worried about the Backgroud check, they take my SSN and check if I have any criminal record....so how will it be??
How the hell do you expect us to know what your employer (or his 'investigator') might do?
Tell the truth on your application and let your actions land wherever they do.

Problem124

Thanks a lot for the suggestion.
You got my question wrong, I was not asking as to what would they do if they come to know.

I was only asking ,if they take my SSN and perform a background check,will this case information seen on the database? because its now not a criminal offense.

People who have knowledge regarding this issue please suggest me.
Thank you

JETX

I was only asking ,if they take my SSN and perform a background check,will this case information seen on the database? because its now not a criminal offense.
There are all kinds of different 'background searches' that can be done and how 'deep' each go'. We have no idea how 'deep' your employer may be paying for his searches. That is why I answered as I did. There is no 'standard' search result.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">