• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

No parking sign coverd by tree

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ngomez19

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Los Angeles, CA

I recieved a ticket @ 8:30 pm one night in L.A. A sign was posted but was covered by a overhanging tree branch. Not just the top of the sign, but the pole that hold the sign to the ground was cover except for maybe 1 1/2 feet of the pole. If I dispute this will I be able to recieve a reduction of the fine or a dismissal altogether? I have a picture from that night, but it is on a cell phone camera and at night so it is hard to see. I will go back later today and take one during the day to better illustrate my point.

Thanks.

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Los Angeles, CA

I recieved a ticket @ 8:30 pm one night in L.A. A sign was posted but was covered by a overhanging tree branch. Not just the top of the sign, but the pole that hold the sign to the ground was cover except for maybe 1 1/2 feet of the pole. If I dispute this will I be able to recieve a reduction of the fine or a dismissal altogether? I have a picture from that night, but it is on a cell phone camera and at night so it is hard to see. I will go back later today and take one during the day to better illustrate my point.

Thanks.
**A: take clear photos from all angles. That is your best evidence.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
You may have a chance...except:

You KNEW there was a pole there. You KNOW that poles typically have a reason for being placed (ie: to mount signs to). So, you should have KNOWN to look and see what the sign was...

HomeGuru

You may have a chance...except:

You KNEW there was a pole there. You KNOW that poles typically have a reason for being placed (ie: to mount signs to). So, you should have KNOWN to look and see what the sign was...
**A: maybe the tree can be called as a material witness.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">