• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Did I handle the situation well?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lindsayilene

My ex currently has a Personal Protection Order against me. I am contesting it. We live in Michigan.
Yesterday I was driving on the highway, and I noticed that he was in front of me (we live in a small city). I freaked out, because I did not want him to think that I was following him. I sped up, and went around him and got off on the next exit, even though it was not the exit that I wanted. Was this the right thing to do? I do not know if he saw me because I just bought a new car, and I did not look in his direction.
Should I have reported this incident to the police, just to cover myself?
Since the order has been put into effect I have seen him following me twice! After yesterday, I am starting to feel like he is trying to set me up. I cannot do anything about the prior incidents with him following me because I had not been served with the papers yet.
Now here is the real kicker! He is not supposed to be driving because his license is suspended.
What can I do? Please help. Thanks!

J

JasperT

Here is what you do call the State Police Barracks in your area I come from michigan so this might help Call tell them that you observed him driving tell them the make of the car/license plate number if you know that an because of your order you didn't know what to do tell them that you don't want it to seem like you are causing trouble but you have noticed him two other times driving this vechile an that he was following you at the time believe me they will take care of him an his wanting to drive WITHOUT a license.
Does he work? how does he get to work? they will sit an wait for him to come out driving on the highway. I know from personal experience. Hope this helps.

L

lindsayilene

Thanks for replying--I've been waiting!:)
Really? I did call the police and they totally brushed me off. I called the Grand Rapids P.D., not the state. Should I try the state? I do not know if you are familiar with G.R. Metro or not, but he lives in Wyoming and works downtown G.R., and yes he does drive.

J

JasperT

Yes I have been to GR once or twice I come from over by Port Huron 1 hour north to be exact ever heard of Sandusky.
my sons father still lives there poor state they must breed these kind of guys.But from personal experience get the plate # make of car where he works what time he gets out or comes in they can't ignore the complaint does he have a license in Wyoming? The order is a totally seperate thing this man is breaking the law they have to respond. Isn't there a thing of an anonomous tip hahaha

L

lindsayilene

JasperT said:

my sons father still lives there poor state they must breed these kind of guys.
HAHAHHA!:) NO KIDDING!:) Thanks a lot!

J

JasperT

YeahCall the STATE heck with local they don't put up with the same BS as the locals do heck the locals over in sandusky would probably let my sons father get away with pretty much anything he wanted why you think I moved 19 1/2hours away. I was just reading your post it over on the other board about the shooting an that is a perfect example of why I want my child away an I mean far away from his so called father. Glad you liked the comment it true though.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">