• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

HOA management co will no longer return my calls regarding bogus charges

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

HowCo

Washington State

Two years ago I fell behind in my homeowners dues, Received a letter from the HOA attorney threatening a lien unless I pay all back payments, attorney fees, fines and a deposit to cover a missed future payment, if needed. I paid as requested and I have made every payment since then on time. Six months later I find out the HOA account manager had put the deposit as a debit in my ledger plus additional attorney’s fees referencing back to my lien letter, plus a bunch of late fees. I called the account manager and he said he would make corrections.
When I followed up a month later the account manager was gone and the new manager knows nothing regarding the bogus charges in my account. So I gave them all the background info and they said they would look into it. I kept calling and they kept saying they where working on it.
The management company has been dragging their feet in resolving this issue, late fees keep adding up, and now they have sent me an email saying I owe over $2k. They no longer return my calls or emails so I don't know what to do next.

HomeGuru

Washington State

Two years ago I fell behind in my homeowners dues, Received a letter from the HOA attorney threatening a lien unless I pay all back payments, attorney fees, fines and a deposit to cover a missed future payment, if needed. I paid as requested and I have made every payment since then on time. Six months later I find out the HOA account manager had put the deposit as a debit in my ledger plus additional attorney’s fees referencing back to my lien letter, plus a bunch of late fees. I called the account manager and he said he would make corrections.
When I followed up a month later the account manager was gone and the new manager knows nothing regarding the bogus charges in my account. So I gave them all the background info and they said they would look into it. I kept calling and they kept saying they where working on it.
The management company has been dragging their feet in resolving this issue, late fees keep adding up, and now they have sent me an email saying I owe over $2k. They no longer return my calls or emails so I don't know what to do next.
**A: sue their incompetent butts. File a complaint with the state RE consumer protection office.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">